A tailor-made welcome for international researchers
Are you an international researcher and joining the University of Bordeaux? Have you recently integrated a UBx laboratory? The Welcome Center for International Researchers is here to assist you in your administrative procedures but also to welcome you on a more personal level, with your family.
The University of Bordeaux assists foreign scientists with their entry and their stay in France (formalities to be completed), administrative and everyday life procedures (social security and health insurance, schooling for children, etc.)
The Welcome Center for International Researchers also offers a program of events related to the integration of researchers and their families:
- "Banking system in France" information sessions given by HSBC
- linguistic afterworks and welcome coffee for the families of researchers
- helpdesks to assist with the declaration of taxes
- bilingual guided tours of the public library
- a visit of the City Hall of Bordeaux
- an assistance for spouses’ professional integration
- a book swap well supplied with multilingual books
Everything is done to ensure the professional but also socio-cultural integration of our new colleagues.
Nicolas Meadeb — Head of the Welcome Center for International Researchers