Laboratories of Excellence
The University of Bordeaux has established world-class clusters in several scientific fields. These are a driving force of the University’s development and a major force for its international visibility. The clusters, including 5 with national LabEx accreditation, bring together teams from different joint research units (universities, national research bodies and industry).
Our thematic clusters of excellence:
Equipment of Excellence
Reseach activities within the University of Bordeaux benefit from "Equipment of Excellence" (EquipEx) funding and material that provide our researchers with outstanding resources.
- OptoPath: instrumental and procedural innovations in experimental psychopathology
- Xyloforest: multidisciplinary research platform for cultivated forest resources
- MUSIC: multimodal platform for cardiac exploration (click on the link to view the video)
- PHENOVIRT: study of attention troubles and the effects of fatigue in virtual conditions (click on the link to view the video)
- PETAL+: installation of plasma diagnostics on the PETAL laser line
- ELORPrintTec: Organic electronics (click on the link to view the video)
- MIGA (consortium): gravitational waves
Researchers thus have access to the latest, high-technology equipment and facilities to apply their knowledge and test their research outcomes.