University Mohammed V de Rabat
A public, multidisciplinary institution, the University Mohammed V de Rabat is ranked 15th African University (according to U.S. News & World Report 2016). It is the leading university within the country in terms of number of number of faculties (19) and is also considered national leader in scientific production.
In a nutshell
This “mega-university” counts 80,000 students (including 4,000 international students) and offers study programs in literature, human sciences, law, economics and social sciences, natural sciences, engineering and medicine.
Our long-standing collaboration is mainly based on education, more specifically in the following domains: law, pharmacy and neurosciences. Since 2014, the University Mohammed V of Rabat welcomes a Law Clinic, modeled on the clinic at the University of Bordeaux. Since 2016, the first triparty cooperation initiatives were launched with the University of Tsukuba, with Japanese professors participating in the pharmacy double degree.
Dates and key figures
- 2014 : a Law Clinic created in collaboration with the University of Bordeaux
- April 2016: two days of meetings and exchanges in Rabat on the topic of Euro-Mediterranean cooperation
- June 2016 : a multidisciplinary and international workshop organized by the EuroMed Office of the International Office of the University of Bordeaux
- 4 co-tutelles theses in I.T., neurosciences, mathematics and environmental sciences
- 2 doubles degrees : in "Analytical Chemistry for Natural Products" and “Droit des échanges euro-méditerranéens” (supported by the Initiative of Excellence)
- 1 Euro-Mediterranean consortium in Law and Family
- 2016: Financial support obtained from the Erasmus+ International Mobility Credits program to encourage student and staff mobility between the two universities.
September 2014: The University Mohammed V à l'Agdal and the University Mohammed V – Souissi merged to create the University Mohammed V de Rabat.
For more information, please consult the University Mohammed V de Rabat website.