University of Cincinnati
A public, multidisciplinary institution, the University of Cincinnati is renowned for the excellence of its research and features at the top of several national and international ranking systems.
In a nutshell
UC is ranked at 64 among the top public universities in the United-States. Named "Among the top tier of the Best National Universities"*, over 46,000 students (including 3,000 international students) attend the campus, well-known for its beauty (Forbes Magazine).
Collaboration between the University of Cincinnati and the University of Bordeaux started in 2014. The partnership’s strong institutional dimension covers education, research and innovation. Various fields of study are concerned: aeronautics, archeology, architecture, bio-imaging, biology, business and management, chemistry, engineering, European studies, neuroscience and epidemiology.
Dates and key figures
- Since May 2014: Two official delegations from UC have visited Bordeaux and two official UBx delegations have visited Cincinnati.
- 2015: Signature of a multidisciplinary student exchange agreement, renewed in 2020.
- Since 2015: Exchanges of lecturer-researchers (9 lecturer-researchers from UC welcomed to UBx; 5 UBx lecturer-researchers welcomed to UC).
- Since 2015: Development of short study programs (“Study Tours”) for American and French students; associating virtual and physical mobility (European studies, chemistry, engineering, management).
- 2016: Signature of a convention for the implementation of a joint diploma in aeronautic maintenance (which opened in September 2017). Project of a double Master's degree in this discipline for September 2020.
- 2016: Financial support obtained from the Erasmus+ International Mobility Credits program to encourage student and staff mobility between the two universities.
- 2019: Opening of our international Arts and Sciences festival with the participation of the director of the Masters in Architecture from the School of Architecture and Interior Design at UC (Nov.).
- 2020: International training project in mechanical engineering (industry 4.0) in partnership with the Arts et Métiers Institute of Technology (ENSAM) and the University of the Basque Country (UPV).
Our partnership with the University of Bordeaux is the model we present when discussing potential strategic partnerships around the world.
Raj Mehta — Vice-President of International Relations, UC
1870: UC was established by the merger of Cincinnati College and the Medical College of Ohio, created in 1819.
*U.S. News & World Report
For more information, please consult the UC website.