Analytical Chemistry for Drugs and Natural Products
This international Master program provides students with theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of analytical control of plant-based drugs and health products.
- Academic cooperation: Algeria: University of Algiers; Brazil: Universidade de São Paulo; Canada: Concordia University, Université de Montréal; France: University of Bordeaux; Germany: Max Rubner Institute; Iceland: Sigillum Universitatis; Italy: Università di Parma, Università degli studi di Ferrara; Japan: University of Tsukuba; Morocco: Agence Nationale des Plantes Médicinales et Aromatiques; Portugal: Instituto Politécnico de Bragança; Turkey: Hacettepe University; United States: University of California San Diego, University of South Florida
Admission requirements: Hold a first level Master in pharmacy or 4 years study in chemistry, biochemistry or engineering.
- Program duration: 1 year (60 ECTS).
- Language requirements: English (certifiable equivalent of TOEFL score of 550/213/79-80 or IELTS score of 6.0).
- Level: Master degree (2nd year).
- Tuition fees: 3,370€ for non-EEA students.
This second year Master degree allows students to deepen their theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of analytical chemistry and the control of drugs and health products that are based on plants. It focuses on the quality control of such health products compared to international standards.
The Master degree also aims to increase the safety of therapeutic products that are based on plants and which are therefore not concerned by the pharmaceutical circuit controls. The program thus develops a strong interdisciplinary dimension through the involvement of pharmaceutical sciences, technical sciences and the legal domain.
Semester 1: Education units in Bordeaux
Access to Euro- Mediterranean market of drugs and other health products (3 ECTS)
Microbiology control and quality (2 ECTS)
Drug design & pharmaceutical technology for drugs and natural products (3 ECTS)
Quality control applied to drugs (3 ECTS)
Research and development of analytical methods for drugs and other health products (3 ECTS)
English & communication skills (3 ECTS)
Quality by design & chemometry (3 ECTS)
International symposium of analytical method development and quality control (1 ECTS)
Validation (1 ECTS)
International management skills
Project management in Morocco
Training period of six months in France or abroad (30 ECTS)
How to apply?
Students may apply online:
> Via Apoflux
Dr Boutayna Rhourri-Frih
+33 (0) 5 57 57 46 86 / +33 (0) 5 57 57 56 21
Contact by email