Bioinformatics and Omics
This international Master program offers a combined training of metagenomics and bioinformatics. Designed to meet the new challenge of analyzing complex “omics” data, it covers content at the interface of bioinformatics.
- Academic cooperation: University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, Spain (Genetics, Physical Anthropology and Animal Physiology Department).
- Level: Master of Science in Bioinformatics.
- Admission requirements: Hold a Bachelor degree with honours, or the equivalent to four years of study (240 ECTS) in the field of biology.
- Program duration: 2 years (120 ECTS).
- Tuition fees: Master tuition fees applicable for the University of Bordeaux.
- Language requirements: A good level of English is required.
The revolution in high-throughput sequencing technologies has led to the acquisition of gigabytes of data sequences and has generated new challenges in this latest era of “omics” data.
To exploit and analyze this data, the contribution of bioinformatics is essential and impacts the practices of training future biologists. A high level of computer skills is now essential to be able to use relevant software applications dedicated to “omics” data, while simultaneously enhancing the understanding of life science.
In this context, the Master of Bioinformatics of the University of Bordeaux and the titulo propio “Bioinformatics and Omics”of the University of the Basque Country has developed an international Master’s program that offers a combined training of metagenomics and bioinformatics.
The Bioinformatics and Omics (BAO) international Master is a complete two-year program. It provides combined training with a double mobility period - Bordeaux (France) for the first semester and Bibao (Spain) for the second.
How to apply?
Students may apply online:
Keep in mind!
- Maximum number of students: 10
- Selection: based on academic results and proven motivation for an international experience.