Public Health Data Science
This international Master program provides a year of international research into public health data science, from project design to real life health data analysis and the communication of results.
- Academic cooperation: The Master in Public Health Data Science is delivered along with the Bordeaux School of Public Health (ISPED) and the Bordeaux Population Health Research Center (BPH).
- Admission requirements:
- Candidates must fulfill the following: hold at least a Master (year 1) degree with honors (minimum 240 ECTS or equivalent) in one (or more) of the following disciplines: statistics, informatics or epidemiology.
- Program duration: 1 year, including an internship (60 ECTS).
- Language requirements: This program is taught entirely in English. Excellent proficiency in English is therefore required. Students whose native language is not English must provide a TOEFL, TOEIC or IELTS certification: TOEFL score of 550/213/80, TOEIC score of 900-990 or IELTS score of 6.0.
- Level: Master (year 2) of Science in Public Health Data Science.
- Tuition fees:
- Annual registration fees for all selected applicants are calculated according to the rules and regulations of the University of Bordeaux.
- Financial aid and housing grants may be awarded to selected applicants according to criteria of excellence.
The Master in Public Health Data Science provides a year of international research into public health data science, from project design to real life health data analysis and the communication of results. Selected within the French “Investments for the Future” program as an “Initiative of Excellence”, the program covers multidisciplinary skills in epidemiology, informatics and statistics, and ensures that students gain strong knowledge about the strengths and limits of digital technologies and their use in public health research.
How to apply?
Please contact: email@example.com
Documents necessary for the selection procedure:
- Application form
- Copies of all graduate diplomas (BSc and MSc)
- All previous transcripts
- Syllabus and study plan
- CV in English (2 pages maximum)
- Cover letter in English (2 pages maximum)
- Recent English certificate (IELTS 6.0; TOEFL (paper-based 550, computer-based 213, internet-based 80); TOEIC 900-990) or any document certifying a C1 level of English upon review.
- Whenever possible (optional), one recommendation letter from an academic or professional body (2 pages maximum), including the referee’s signature, presented on institutional headed paper and bearing an institutional stamp/seal.
- Maximum number of students: 21
- Selection: based on documents and an interview
Prof. Rodolphe THIEBAUT