Bordeaux International Support (BIS) – UK universities
The exit of the UK from the European Union requires us to adjust the way in which we envisage collaboration with British Universities. In this first phase, the program will be specifically aimed at initiating and strengthening collaborations between the University of Bordeaux and universities in the UK.
Although the initial focus is wide, the long-term objective of this call is to seed collaborations that pave the way for multi-level sustainable institutional collaboration with partner universities that match well with our institutional strategy, research strengths and educational aims.
With this call, the University of Bordeaux seeks to encourage collaborative research and educational initiatives with UK universities by:
- Providing seed-funding for the setting up of academic sustainable partnerships and networks, in both education and/or research which involve partners from the University of Bordeaux and UK universities,
- Enabling students to enjoy an international environment early-on in their academic path,
- Encouraging the emergence of multi-level, institutional partnerships that are mutually beneficial,
- Initiating and developing international research collaborations with high potential scientists / in joint fields of excellence.
The program is intended to provide support for the launch of significant international endeavors and/or seed money for projects and pilots that should become self-sustaining. Please note that some form of co-financing by the partner institution is strongly recommended.
For these actions, the following topics are considered priorities:
- Support for setting up shared research projects, developing co-supervision of theses, preparation of joint applications to international calls for proposals, workshop organization, summer school organization, etc.)
- Support for shared educational initiatives such as development of a joint educational offer on a specific topic, institutional partnership for long-term student mobility, design of virtual exchange, online collaborative learning, preparation of joint applications to international calls for proposals, organization of joint seminars, etc.
Applications may be sent throughout the year. They will be examined on fixed dates twice a year according to the following schedule for calls:
Please send all the required documents by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents to download and send:
- BIS UK universities - Application form (doc)
- BIS UK universities - Call for proposal (pdf)
- BIS UK universities - Budget (xls)
- BIS UK universities - Annexe 1 financial support (pdf)
The call is open to all UK universities. However, the University of Bordeaux has numerous UK connections and is interested in forging multi-level partnerships with multidisciplinary research universities. Recent contacts include the University of Manchester and The University of Warwick, we also have longstanding links with the University of Bristol (mobility) with potential projects related to initiatives between the twinned cities of Bordeaux and Bristol.
International office Bordeaux