International week at the University of Bordeaux!
From the 14th until the 20th of October, the University of Bordeaux celebrated its annual International Week.
For the third year in a row, the University of Bordeaux organized its International Week. This event, which promotes the international opportunities proposed by our university, takes place throughout the different campus sites and targets students, researchers and staff.
As always, a variety of activities - educational, cultural and fun! - were organized each day: international fairs, multilingual coffee sessions, international quizzes, staff & student mobility workshops, English CV and cover letter workshops, internationalization doctorate workshop, debates and conferences, a welcome cocktail for our international researchers, an international picnic for students...
Some international facts and figures about the University of Bordeaux:
- Over 170 partner universities based in 80 countries
- Dedicated exchange programs with more than 60 countries worldwide.
- 1,000 cooperation agreements (≈ 100 bilateral student exchange agreements)
- 300 European partner universities within the Erasmus+ program
- Strategic partners in 4 continents of the world: Asia, Africa, North America, Europe
- Around 50 international study programs at every level (Bachelor, Master, PhD),
- 25 Master programs taught 100% in English.
- 13 EU-labeled programs of excellence.
- 2,200 students each year with credit mobility (incoming/outgoing).
- Over 6,200 international students (> 150 different nationalities).
- Leading university in France for the Erasmus Mundus Program
- 19 international joint research laboratories with Canada, China, Germany, India, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Mexico, Romania, Russia, South Korea.
- 2 cross-border joint laboratories as well as an international joint research unit
- 163 EU collaborative projects (H2020, FP7 & Interreg)
- 34 European Research Council (ERC) grants (Bordeaux campus site)
- 280 joint PhD agreements
- A Welcome Center for International Researchers (including PhD students) welcomes and supports over 800 international researchers, representing 70 different nationalities with administration, accommodation, social and cultural integration services.