Welcome to Bordeaux Summer Schools
Organized since 2012, the Bordeaux Summer schools offer a range of high-quality, multidisciplinary international courses for postgraduate students and young researchers.
These sessions allow international talents to reinforce their skills, gain new knowledge and develop their professional network – all while making the most of Bordeaux during the summer months!
An experience of excellence
In 2020, the Bordeaux Summer Schools program is launching a wide range of disciplinary themes. Courses will take place between late May and September and will cover very different disciplines (see below) ranging from African studies to artificial intelligence to wine sciences to advanced materials to health sciences and more!
These courses are highly selective and target international talents. Course content offers an enriching curricular experience with, depending on the discipline, a mixture of theoretical and practical training that demands a notable level of expertise and knowledge. Upon completion of the Summer School, students are awarded a University of Bordeaux certificate that attests to the knowledge and skills acquired during the course.
The 2020 Bordeaux Summer Schools edition will cover the following topics:
- Philosophy in biology and medicine | Philosophy
- African cities in 2030: multidisciplinary research to meet health, demographic, economic and political challenges | Public health, Economics, Political science
- Percutaneous interventions in congenital heart diseases | Cardiology
- Soft Matter for Functional Materials #3: surface patterning and colloidal assembly | Materials of the future
- Gadgetron | Imaging
- Artificial intelligence: learning and reasoning, the best of both worlds | Artificial intelligence
- Cardiac electrophysiology | Cardiology
- ECNP Immuno-NeuroPsychiatry | Neurosciences
- Advanced materials for energy storage and conversion | Energy
- Introduction to experimental neuroscience | Neurosciences
- Wine and sake: the cutting-edge of oenology and sakeology | Oenology
Research oriented course content
The Bordeaux Summer Schools benefit from strong input regarding format and scientific content from the University of Bordeaux Graduate Research School, a central structure that coordinates the doctoral schools and the entire field of doctoral studies.
A large majority of the Summer Schools are organized in collaboration with internationally renowned laboratories and institutes that share their expertise and cutting-edge facilities with the students and researchers that come to Bordeaux over the summer.
Bordeaux Summer Schools
- Learn from internationally recognized experts
- Build your professional and academic network
- Discover the University of Bordeaux's facilities of excellence
Consult the BSS webpages and catalogue for more information about the program for 2020
Discover the Bordeaux Summer Schools that took place in 2019