Research visit

Are you a doctoral student at a foreign university and you wish to come to the University of Bordeaux to carry out a research visit? Find out more about how you should start preparing your visit.

First of all, you must contact a research unit for your specialty. This unit determines your eligibility for a mobility period in accordance with your thesis subject.

The head of the research unit approves the initial temporary hosting agreement by composing an invitation letter, which may be necessary for the funding of your visit by your home university or for regional/governmental procedures in your country. Depending on the research unit chosen, a Defense and Security Official agreement may also be requested.

Along with the designated head scientist of the hosting research unit who will be your supervisor over your time in France, you should then decide on the dates of your mobility period, the objective, as well as the terms and conditions of your visit. The head scientist may be contacted by the relevant person (consult the Contact box opposite) from the Direction of Innovation, Partnerships and Companies of the University of Bordeaux in order to draw up a temporary hosting agreement. This agreement is then formalized and signed by both the University of Bordeaux and your home university. These procedures must be completed prior to your arrival in France.

Depending on your country of origin, should you require a visa, please contact the Welcome Center for International Researchers.

Updated on 17/09/2021


Claire Rey