EUREkA / Chemistry of Materials
This international Master program covers the domains of advanced functional polymer materials, advanced functional inorganic materials and advanced functional hybrid and colloidal materials.
- Academic cooperation: Collaboration with over 10 international universities (École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland - Duke University, USA - University of California, Los Angeles, USA - University of Cincinnati, USA - University of Massachussetts, USA - University of Nebraska, USA - University of the Basque Country, Spain - University of Tsukuba, Japan - University of Kyoto, Japan - Lebanese University, Lebanon - Universidade Federal do ABC, Brazil, etc.)
- Industrial collaboration: Support from a number of leading industrial players (L'Oréal, Solvay, Arkema, Saft batteries, Ariane Group, etc.)
- Admission requirements: Students must hold a Bachelor degree with honors or 4-year/240 ECTS equivalent in chemistry and/or physics with a focus on materials science.
- Program duration: 2 years (132 ECTS).
- Language requirements: IELTS score of 6.0; TOEFL score 550/213/79-80.
- Level: Master degree in Chemistry with an integrated possibility to follow on with a PhD.
- Tuition fees: Annual registration fees for all selected applicants are calculated according to the rules and regulations of the University of Bordeaux (approximately 400€).
Please note: mobility grants may be proposed.
The EUREkA UBGrad program, which is fully customizable, focuses on general scientific objectives that favor an interdisciplinary and rational research approach. These scientific objectives are based on the function-through-structure materials design, which includes: (i) the control of complexity, (ii) the rational design and (iii) the instrumental control over (nano)structures of tailored-made materials. This approach is implemented via three specific educational and research axes which are:
- Advanced Functional Polymer Materials
- Advanced Functional Inorganic Materials
- Advanced Functional Hybrid & Colloidal Materials
Teaching is divided into two semesters, amounting to 36 and 33 ECTS respectively.
Strengths and career perspectives
How to apply?
Candidates must send a CV, cover letter and transcript of previous grades. Selected candidates will be called for an interview.
Project Manager, EUREkA Graduate Program
Talence Campus – A33 building – Office 62
351 cours de la Libération
33405 Talence Cedex
+33 (0)5 40 00 29 72
Contact by email