The Welcome Center for International Researchers is a dedicated service that supports international researchers on mobility in Bordeaux.
The multilingual team of immigration officers at the Welcome Center for International Researchers (WCIR) support researchers with essential procedures upon their arrival and throughout their stay, such as assistance with the immigration process, carrying out administrative tasks and completing general paperwork that is required for daily life in France:
- Conditions of arrival in France
- Obtaining a resident card
- Social security and health insurance
- Tax returns
- Schooling of children and banking assistance
Schedule an appointment
Appointments are available in French or in English upon request for first time resident card applications or questions concerning social security and taxes. To schedule an appointment, please register on the Euraxess France database, and then consult this page.
Please note: the following procedures will be dematerialized via a secure online platform for holders of a "Passeport Talent – Chercheur" or a “Passeport Talent – Famille" resident card in the Gironde area as of February 3rd, 2020. Please contact us by email for more information.
- "Passeport Talent - Chercheur" & "Passeport Talent - Famille" resident card renewals
- Change of status from “Student” to "Passeport Talent - Chercheur",
- "Mouvement Document for Foreign Minors (DCEM)" for international researchers' children under the age of 18,
- Applications for 10 year resident cards,
- Change of address on "Passeport Talent - Chercheur" & "Passeport Talent - Famille" resident cards.
Key figures in 2018
- +1,100 appointments
- 2,500 services rendered
- 900 researchers assisted
EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion
The Welcome Center for International researchers is a member of the European EURAXESS network and the Euraxess France association. Guarantor of the quality of services provided, the Euraxess network includes over 200 service centers in 40 countries worldwide, all created to accompany and assist international researchers, from both within and outside the European Union.
- To find out more about this network, please consult their dedicated webpage.
Welcome Center for International Researchers
Monday to Friday from 9h30 to 12h30 and 14h00 to 17h00
166 Cours de l'Argonne
+33 (0)5 40 00 68 73
Contact by email
Download the guide to find out more about the WCIR.