Cardiac EP - Electromechanical Heart Diseases
This international Master program provides a year of training in the field of electrophysiology and cardiac bioengineering, with a global and transversal approach to all pathologies including a cardiac electrophysiological component.
- Academic cooperation: The Master in Cardiac EP - Electromechanical Heart Diseases is delivered along with Liryc, the University-Hospital Electrophysiology and Heart Modeling Institute.
- Admission requirements:
- French medical students must have a validated DFASM3 or DFASP2 (advanced medical or pharmaceutical science training degrees) or have a background in equivalent research
- EU/FR students and non-EU students must have completed a 4 year degree in the field of medical/biomedical/biological science, veterinary science or pharmaceutical science or engineering (including CPGE (Preparatory classes for Grandes Ecoles for French students)
- Program duration: 1 year, including an internship (60 ECTS).
- Language requirements: This program is taught entirely in English. Excellent proficiency in English is therefore required. Students whose native language is not English must provide a TOEFL, TOEIC or IELTS certification: TOEFL score of 550/213/80, TOEIC score of 900-990 or IELTS score of 6.0.
- Level: International Master (year 2) of Science in Cardiac EP - Electromechanical Heart Diseases.
- Tuition fees: Annual registration fees for all selected applicants are calculated according to the rules and regulations of the University of Bordeaux (approximately 400€).
The Master in Cardiac EP - Electromechanical Heart Diseases provides research and innovation-based training for versatile, high-level specialists in the field of electrophysiology and cardiac bioengineering. The Master brings a global and transversal approach to all pathologies, including a cardiac electrophysiological component.
October – December: didactic session
(Semester 1, 30 ECTS)
- Cardiac physiology and pathophysiology, signal acquisition & treatment, modelisation, cardiac imaging
- Electromechanical heart diseases: heart failure, supraventricular arrhythmia, ventricular arrhythmia & sudden death
- Treatments of electromechanical heart diseases (treatments of heart failure, heart stimulation, ablation and pharmacological treatment of arrhythmias)
- Regulation and innovation economics
- Technological and therapeutic innovations
Theme-based group projects: one theme to be selected
- Heart failure, bioenergetics and stimulation
- Cardiac electrophysiology and arrhythmias
- Cardiac devices
January - May: internship
(Semester 2, 30 ECTS)
Internship within a research laboratory, hospital department or within the industrial sector.
How to apply?
> Please consult the application file with this link
- 10th May - 11th June 2021: applications
- 1st July 2021: evaluation of applications by the Pedagogical Commission
- 5th July 2021: notification of results to candidates
- 16th July 2021: acceptation or rejection by successful candidates of the committee's proposal
- Student's training
- Grades and assessments obtained
- Motivations of the candidate and his/her ability to present the reasons for his/her application (professional project)
- Professional career path for those already in employment (if applicable)
- Relevant internship project
Please note: the number of students selected for the Master program is limited (12 students maximum).