Wine Tourism Innovation (WINTOUR)
This international Master program offers a truly integrated study program that takes advantage of the tourism and oenology expertise of three universities and regions of Europe.
- Academic cooperation: Joint Erasmus Mundus Master between:
- Rovira i Virgili University (URV), Tarragona, Spain
- University Porto (UP), Portugal
- University of Bordeaux (UBx), France
- Admission requirements:
- Have completed a Bachelor or Master degree (minimum 180 ECTS) in the fields of Tourism, Economics, Management, Marketing, Languages, Natural and Experimental Sciences (e.g. Oenology, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Agriculture), or closely related subjects.
- Personal motivation, prior work experience in the field, as well as linguistic skills in languages other than English (especially Spanish, French or Portuguese, the languages of the organizing institutions) are important elements in the selection process.
- Program duration: 2 years (120 ECTS).
- Language requirements: Candidates must present a recent English language certificate, at least a B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (official test certifications from Cambridge ESOL, IELTS or TOEFL are accepted).
- Level: Triple Master degree.
- Tuition fees:
- Fees for program* countries students: 4,500€/year
- Fees for partner* countries students: 9,000€/year
*Program/partner countries: please consult our website for the list of these countries.
NB: Students may follow the WINTOUR Program as self-funded students or may apply for one of the Erasmus+ scholarships (EMJMD action) available. These scholarships are designed to cover most student expenses throughout the WINTOUR course.
The Erasmus Mundus Master in Wine Tourism Innovation (WINTOUR) offers a truly integrated study program that takes advantage of the tourism and oenology expertise of three universities and regions of Europe: Rovira i Virgili University (Tarragona, Spain), the University of Porto (Portugal) and the University of Bordeaux (France).
These universities are located in highly attractive touristic areas, recognized with the label of UNESCO Human Heritage, and have a long tradition in wine, producing specialty wines such as sparkling, fortified, aged red and sweet.
The academic program is structured over two years (four semesters) with 120 ECTS. The first three semesters are each taught in one university (30 ECTS at URV, 30 ECTS at UBx, 30 ECTS at UP) and the last semester is devoted to the Master Thesis and a professional internship, which is completed with one of the associated partners.
How to apply?
Consult the WINTOUR website
Selection is based on the following criteria:
- CV and academic track record (50%)
- Cover letter and professional project: a personal interview may be organized (30%)
- Professional experience in the field and previous international mobility (10%)
- Other Languages especially Spanish, French or Portuguese, the languages of the participating institutions (10%)
Keep in mind!
- Maximum number of students: 25
- Inscriptions open as of November 15th 2016 (for the academic years 2017/2019).
Program Coordinatoor (UBx)
Program Coordinator (UBx)